Name of the Agency: Volunteers of America of Massachusetts
Name of the House/Facility: Hello House Burt Street
Address: Located in Boston, MA
Phone (O): 617-288-3250
Mission Statement:Volunteers of America Massachusetts is dedicated to serving those most in need, especially the vulnerable, the hardest to serve, and those facing multiple challenges. Our work touches the mind, body, heart, and ultimately the spirit of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.
Program Type:Co-occurring enhanced residential recovery programs for individuals who have both a substance use disorder and a mental health diagnosis.
About:Volunteers of America Massachusetts is a 501(c)(3) organization serving low-income, homeless, and vulnerable populations throughout Eastern Massachusetts. We provide vital services to thousands of individuals and their families – and we’ve been doing it for over 100 years.
Our programs serve the community across the life span from at risk youth to elders in need. Our comprehensive services include:
- Programming for At-Risk Youth
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Veterans Services
- Independent and Assisted Living for Seniors
- Re-entry programming for Incarcerated Offender
Admission Criteria:Men diagnosed as having both a substance use disorder and moderate to severe behavioral health condition and who have:
Experienced at least one of the following events
- An inpatient psychiatric hospitalization
- At least two emergency department and/or ESP visits
- Unsuccessful engagement and/or inability to succeed in other community-based services due to psychosocial or clinical complexity related to substance use and/or behavioral health disorders
- Gone through withdrawal management and any symptoms of post-acute withdrawal are manageable in a community setting.
Referral Process: Please click on the following link: Burt Street Referral Form
Contact us for a confidential assessment or for more information:
Director: Nicole Sheldon
Tel: 617-288-3250 ext. 293